What is “flexible ERP” and why you need it
One thing we know for sure is that Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software can significantly improve your operations and add real value to your business. But unfortunately, we’ve also witnessed business execs claiming that their ERP system does just the opposite, restricting them when they needed to grow or expand their operations. Not surprisingly, Panorama Consulting, a leading ERP consultancy and research firm, in their 2017 ERP Software report, showed that 37% of respondents realized less than half of the benefits they expected from their ERP solution following implementation.
At Priority, we believe that a modern ERP system is one that enables an organization to grow and change exponentially. To support this, your ERP system should be flexible, scalable and adaptable as your company grows. Here are some of the key differentiators that make up a flexible ERP system:
- Ability to grow. Your organization can start out with the functions it needs immediately and unlock additional capabilities as needs change, without having to undergo disruptive and costly ERP enhancements. This not only minimizes implementation risks, it reduces your system’s total cost of ownership (TCO).
- All in one system. ERP software must be able to handle different languages, currencies and accounting standards all in one system, manage multiple company sites, be implemented automatically and run seamlessly. This renders flexibility a must-have in product development and maintenance and to support comprehensive management and control.
- Remain competitive. Organizations need to be free to explore new technologies in order to grow their company and remain competitive with a self-maintained, easy to expand ERP system to automate business processes, making them accessible and easy to use for the entire organization. With competitive dynamics and the pace of change so quick in most industries, companies often don’t know what their business model will be in the next 2-3 years. It’s their ERP and other IT infrastructure that must enable them to change and adapt to new technologies and trends.
How much flexibility can you expect? A case study
One such example, is long time customer, Electra, who have come to rely on Priority for over a decade, first implementing Priority ERP in 2006 when they were just 12 companies in the Electra Group. Today, Priority supports over 100 different group companies with thousands of users. Alex Salkovsky, Electra’s Business Technologies Manager, sums up Priority’s flexibility. “Priority’s agile system and unique scalability has enabled us to grow ten-fold and continue to benefit from Priority ERP’s powerful tools and functionalities. Real-time management and control of our business, manufacturing and sales operations – in one system – all of our analytics – in one language, between all of our companies. This means that 150,000 line items, all of our customers and suppliers in all 100 companies, plus hundreds of service technicians using Priority’s mobile apps are managed the exact same way – with Priority.”
It’s because of satisfied customers like Electra that Priority firmly believes that users and admins should be able to handle their own systems. To support this, we offer a host of flexibility enablers that include a comprehensive range of BPM (Business Process Management) tools. BPM tools are used for automating, measuring and optimizing business processes.
Priority’s Flexibility Enablers: More than just software tools
At Priority, we work hard to keep ERP simple, consistent and interactive, especially as business processes and teams become more distributed. We are driven by our customers’ need for open solutions that can scale to meet productivity demands, while focusing on delivering a simple, flexible and efficient user experience. Following are just some of our flexibility enablers:
Business Process Management (BPM). It’s Priority’s robust BPM tools that define and change the business layer, making an organization’s workflow more efficient. BPM is a unique combination of modeling, automation, execution, control, measurement and optimization of business activity flows, in support of an organization’s goals – spanning systems, employees, customers and partners within and beyond the enterprise boundaries. And it’s all done using a “drag and drop” interface.
Mobile App Generator. Priority’s mobile app generator enables organizations to create effective mobile apps in just minutes. Users can easily build awesome customer apps without the need for programming skills. Our mobile app generator is an exceptionally high-quality, high-standard app that delivers an enhanced user experience, with all the tools you need to manage your digital organization with minimal dependence on 3rd party suppliers.
But it doesn’t end there. Priority offers a comprehensive range of additional flexibility enablers, including:
- User-level personalization to personalize user interface/design
- Business Rules generator to control/influence the behavior of the business, including ability for non-developers to easily define rules, alerts and push notifications
- SDK (Software Development Kit) to enable developers to build system apps or enhance/change system modules
What fuels flexible ERP?
It’s the growing demand of enterprise resource planning in small to medium enterprises, matched with the requirement of operational efficiency in industry development. Add to that the increased acceptance of mobile and cloud applications and every organization’s quest for more intelligible workflows and you have the ideal candidate for flexible ERP. It is Priority’s agile, scalable, multi-language and multi-currency management solution that meets these and other customer requirements. This is complemented by advanced customization options and a super intuitive user interface with responsive Help tools to make learning quick and easy.
And that’s our… priority.
Visit Our Mobile ERP section For more information about Priority Software Mobile ERP solutions.